If you do want to give these a little protein boost I’d opt for adding some protein icing on the side for dunking! Just mix a little of your favourite whey protein with some water to a thick icing consistency.
Cooking Time - 12 minutes
Servings - 6
- 140g gluten free all purpose flour; my favourite is Bob’s Red Mill 1:1
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 80g raw cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) milled flaxseed + 6 tbsp (90 ml) water
- 28g coconut oil, melted
- 180ml unsweetened almond milk, warm
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g raw cane or coconut sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 10 minutes until “eggy”.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug combine coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Add the flax “eggs” once ready.
- Add wet to dry and use a whisk to combine to combat any potential lumps.
- Spoon batter into greased donut pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing.
- Once cool, place sugar for coating in a bowl, press donuts bottom side down aka the side that was in the pan. Serve with this side up.
- These will keep in a seal tight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.